Friday, August 5, 2011

Between the Sheets: Jones Magazine’s “Your Best Summer” Issue

 

Er’body Jones! *Capo voice*

Jones Mag Summer Issue CoverJones Magazine’s recently released summer issue celebrates the hot (haute) season in living color (not just neon nails & bright clothes, but also multicultural models and designers). In addition to making a call for more diversity in the fashion industry, the mag’s editors also scoured various beauty counters to find the best products and consulted with Net-A-Porter’s fashion director, Holli Rogers to find this season’s style requirements. My favorite part, though, is Marquita Harris’ ode to icons of color (was a bit surprised to see Lisa Bonet amongst the ranks of Grace Jones, Diana Ross and Dorothy Dandridge, but…). I never believe any magazine can tell me how to have my “best summer” (or any season). However, I will say that I had a fun few minutes reading it and lusting over the shoes, etc. Now I’m all haute & bothered. Excuse me while I go check my fresh.

No comments: