Tuesday, October 19, 2010

For My Inner 6 Year Old: Sesame Street's "I Love My Hair"


Go On And Stare (See if I Care)...

People have come to know me for wild hair, it seems. At one point I wore a long weave with fuchsia streaks in the bangs. Then there was the HUGE Diana Ross-like weave. Now, I wear my natural hair, dyed to a light reddish brown and shaped in any number of ways. Some folks have combination skin, but I have combination hair. I'd say at least 5 different textures converge atop my head. That means I have both "good" and "bad" hair... plus some in between (kidding, I was raised to understand that good hair is hair well-kept). As a child, I enjoyed all the things my hair could do. During my tweens, teens and early adulthood, I struggled with breakage and scalp burning from perms. My coils, kinks, straight strands and I have reconciled, though, and I'm happy to say that once again, I love my hair! Shouts to Sesame Street for this song.

No comments: