Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year! Keeping it Simple

Oh-Eight was Great, but I'm Straight...

Less than 8 hours left in '08, and Stylescrybe is taking stock. The Giants won the Super Bowl. Barack won the election. I partied for a cause with clients in DC for Big Tiger and Vernon Davis' (SF 49ers) celeb weekends and in Baltimore for Terrell Suggs' (BAL Ravens) celeb weekend (met some FANTASTIC folks). I also cruised to Cozumel for fun on the high seas with the fam, voted in ATL and took a few other trips here and there. Oh, and a gajillion new babies in the family. Yes, some great things happened in '08. (Can't resist rhyming 8 with great, so please bear with me).

There were also some tough times, though. My family WENT THROUGH IT (from hospital visits to stolen cars, violent attacks, lost jobs and lost retirement plans), but we GOT THROUGH IT (and are still getting through it) as a family. There were also the personal romantic disappointments, friendship rifts and the constant struggle of being a freelancer in a tough economy. The last few months of this year have been rough, so I'm looking forward to the new year and the energy renewal that always seems to accompany January 1st. I've been a little down, but I'm "snatching back my happy" (thanks to big sis, super publicist, Toi Troutman for that one). World, watch out: in '09, if I want it, it's mine! That's not a resolution, it's a declaration. Who's with me? What will you do to "snatch back your happy" in this tough economy?

P.S. I'll be back to fashion and fun VERY soon. Stay tuned. Pretty please?

1 comment:

#1 GAL, Dr. Ty! said...

I didn't even realize we were on the same wavelength when I posted this: http://www.getalifecampaign.com/2009/01/whats-your-09-motto-mine-is-simple-as.html

Funny. Great minds, huh?