Thursday, December 11, 2008

Just for Fun: Beyonce sheds Sasha for ELLE

To Bey or not to Bey

I recently had a convo with my aunt about Beyonce. Said aunt is "saved" and seldom listens to secular music, but she'd heard some younger members of her church discussing Mrs. Jigga and her on-stage alter ego, Sasha Fierce. "Does she really have two personalities," questioned my aunt, who then wondered if she should be concerned for homegirl's mental health. I laughingly reassured her that it's stage personas are common, and that lots of people have them. I didn't tell her, but StyleScrybe has one of her own, whom I employ at events and such. She's a lot like my normal self, except she's not shy and can have anything she wants.

The thing about Beyonce is that until recently, we, the people didn't really know her. The woman we've been getting to know since the "No No No" days was Sasha. Now, the "hottest chick in the game" is letting us into the world of the woman who can't cook and is scared to have a baby. She opened up quite a bit in the January issue of ELLE, which just hit newsstands and features Mrs. Carter on the cover. If ole girl wasn't all rich and famous, she seems like she could be part of my crew. Matter of fact, Sasha and my other self (who shall remain nameless to protect the innocent ) would probably have a great time together. (Not to mention I'd be raiding both broads' closets. Girlie gets to rock the flyest gear). So what about you, sista friends? Do is there another "you" whom you call on when needed? What's she like? When does she come out? Oh, and how many of you know the whole routine to "Single Ladies" and do it when the song comes on in the club? (While you practice that little wrist move, I'm gonna plot on copying that cover look.)

*PS- Don't forget to the hot a$$ Ciara fashion spread toward the back of the mag. I actually started at the end and worked my way forward, so it took me a sec to recognize CiCi.

No comments: