Monday, January 12, 2009

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might: Louis Vuitton Sprouse Collection

Let's pretend I won the lottery, had a visit from my fairy godparent (he or she's out there somewhere, I just know it) or found some other way into a whole lotta chedda. If said fantasy were to come true, please believe a MAJOR shopping spree would be very close to the top of my to-do list. 'Til that happens, let's play a little game of "that's my bag."

Urban Scrawl

StyleScrybe's seeking a do-over of 2009's beginning for a few folks. Seems the tides of trauma lingered a little past the ball-drop for some of my family. I'm still on "if I want it, it's mine," though, so right now I'm claiming a Speedy bag from Louis Vuitton's new Stephen Sprouse Collection. Available as of January 9th, the brightly embellished collection pays tribute to, and is inspired by the work of Stephen Sprouse, the late American fashion designer and artist known for bringing downtown cool to the uptown crowd. (He also collaborated with Marc Jacobs on his first LV collection.) The collection consists of various bags, accessories and leather goods- all bearing either neon grafitti or Sprouse's signature flowers. I'm all about the Speedy 30 in flourescent Monogram Grafitti and in Monogram Roses. However, considering they current financial climate and their pricetags of $1180 and $1310, respectively, I might have to jack somebody (B*tch run that! Run that! Ante up!) to get mine. Nah, I'm a lover, not a jacker. I'll just pray for some freelance work (I got skills! Holla at me, bay-beh). Either that or you can catch me panhandling at the train station lol.

No comments: